Thank you for choosing Q&Q SmileSolar timepiece.
LIMITED 1 YEAR WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
This warranty provides a 1 Year Replacement Guarantee on genuine branded Q&Q SmileSolar watches purchased from authorized retailers in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
Watches supplied by CITIZEN come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damaged. You are also entitled to have the watch replaced if the watch fails to be acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If the watch exhibits a defect in workmanship or material that is not major failure, CITIZEN will, replace the watch, within a reasonable time after the watch is returned during the warranty period. Should the exact model of watch be unavailable at the time of replacement, you will be permitted to select an alternative watch of equal value.
As a condition to this warranty service obligation, proof of the transaction of your ownership of the watch supplied by CITIZEN or the Guarantee Card with all essential particulars filled in must accompany the watch when presented for warranty service.
In Australia, this warranty is additional to and does not exclude other rights and remedies that may exist at law in relation to watches supplied by CITIZEN.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Damage, accidental or otherwise, to the watch while in a possession of a consumer not caused by defect in material or workmanship;
- Damage caused by consumer misuse, tampering, or failure to follow the care and special handling provisions in the Instructions;
- Damage to the finish of the case, crystal, bracelet, strap, or other appearance parts such as glass, crown and stem caused by wear, accidental damage and/ or misuse. This also excludes any damage caused to any power cell being replaced by a non-Citizen authorized repairer;
- Moisture damage to a watch not marked” water resistant” on the case back;
- Damage caused by repairs or alterations of the watch by anyone other than the Service Centre listed.
EXCEPT ANY IMPLIED CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND GUARANTEES THAT BY LAW MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED, CITIZEN WATCHES EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY UNDER THIS WARRANTY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CITIZEN WATCHES DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES AND IN NO EVENT SHALL CITIZEN WATCHES LIABILITY EXCEED THE RETAIL VALUE OF THE WATCH.
WITHOUT LIMITATION TO ANY OTHER PROVISION IN THIS WARRANTY, CITIZEN WATCHES LIMITS ITS LIABILITY UNDER SECTIONS 64A AND 276A OF THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW TO ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION;
- IN THE CASE OF ANY GOOD, THE REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF THE GOOD, OR THE SUPPLY OF EQUIVALENT GOODS, OR THE PAYMENT OF THE COST OF REPLACING OR REPAIRING THE GOODS OR ACQUIRING EQUIVALENT GOODS;
- IN THE CASE OF ANY SERVICE, THE SUPPLY OF THE SERVICES AGAIN, OR THE PAYMENT OF THE COST OF HAVING THE SERVICES SUPPLIED AGAIN.
Also please take care concerning the following point:
- The owner may be charged for postage, insurance and such costs as may be incurred outside the normal replacement process under guarantee.